WELCOME FRIENDS!!

WELCOME  FRIENDS!!
HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION 2014

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

THE HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION HIGHLIGHTS OF 9 16 F--FEATURING ELVIS AND ELISABETH!



Hi Everybody!!
I just got back from a morning walk around the grounds. It is a cool 65F after reaching 80F yesterday. Yes, I love December in Texas!  Anyway, I was on the roof watching 3 buzzards chasing each other at high rates of speed. I clapped and yelled, which seemed to delight them as they circled and dove faster and faster. Turns out one of the birds was a cara cara (Mexican eagle), who was definitely playing with the 2 black vultures! I would never have seen this fun if I stayed inside.  Likewise, think of all I would have missed of the hummingbird migration if I was not out in the yard all day! In today's photostudy of 9 16F, I caught a few afternoon pics of Elvis and Elisabeth, the only 2 hummers I know for sure out of this tiny herd of hundreds! Enjoy!


Link to G+ Photo Album:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/6071877708019392833
















Elvis and Elisabeth





Fat Elisabeth-Elvis lovingly looks at her!











She is a beautiful bird- Elisabeth-female ruby-throated hummingbird











































...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See You next time!


O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment