WELCOME FRIENDS!!

WELCOME  FRIENDS!!
HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION 2014

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

THE HUMMINGBIRD HIGHLIGHTS OF 9 17 A AND THE BANDIT STORY!



Hi Everybody!!
The first sunlight to filter through the shade trees on the morning of 9 17, finds the birds feeding with urgency at the feeders. Half of the birds here today will be leaving in the next few days. Now, I clean and refill the feeders every night so they will be fresh early in the morning when the hummers wake up. Imagine my surprise to walk out and find some of the feeders empty and near empty! Of course, my granny brain says: who would steal the hummingbird's nectar? First of all, I can rule out humans as there are none around. I caught the big, fat bandit on this night. It was Rocky, the raccoon! Enjoy!


From 2011 In my albums at G+



Link to G+ Photo Album:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/6071940555485949745
































































































...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See You next time!

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment