WELCOME FRIENDS!!

WELCOME  FRIENDS!!
HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION 2014

Sunday, February 1, 2015

I HAD A SUPER BONUS DAY AND I FOUND GOLD!




Hi Everybody!!
WOW-What a great bonus day I had for February 1!  Somebody messed up, as lots of rain was projected for all day. What you can clearly see is sky blue skies breaking out of cloud cover and big sunshine which I am sharing with all of my frozen neighbors up North.  Of course, I went on a treasure hunt for Gold and I found it! Goldfinches, to be exact. These darling migrant songbirds are here with the cardinals, munching on seeds. Also, the winter hummer, 'Lone Ranger',  makes his first appearance in February. I wish you all super bonus days. Enjoy!





The winter hummer: 'Lone Ranger'

Link to G+ Photo Albums:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/6110991135863383489



























https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_goldfinch
American goldfinch
Male American Goldfinch in Lodi CA.JPG
Male American goldfinch in spring plumage
Conservation status
Scientific classification
Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Chordata
Class:Aves
Order:Passeriformes
Family:Fringillidae
Genus:Spinus
Species:S. tristis
Binomial name
Spinus tristis
(Linnaeus1758)
Subspecies
  • S. t. tristis
  • S. t. pallidus
  • S. t. jewetti
  • S. t. salicamans
American Goldfinch-rangemap.png
     Breeding range     Year-round range     Wintering range



















































...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See you next time!

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment