WELCOME FRIENDS!!

WELCOME  FRIENDS!!
HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION 2014

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION ON THE MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 4



Hi Everybody!!
Welcome to the 'speed' review of the Fall Hummingbird Migration. I am sharing highlights of each day the birds were here. You are welcome to visit the complete photostudies in the albums linked on each post. Today we are viewing pics from September 4. Most people do not get to see these birds, so I try to give you a bird's eye view!  My location in Texas is on the central migration path. Texas also has more species of birds (around 600) than any other state in North America. It's a great place for birds and birding. For me growing up in the Gulf Coast region, birds were plentiful. Anyway, I must admit, I have never seen hummingbirds gather in these numbers.  Enjoy!!


Link to Photo Album in G+:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/6070876569681434977


Female Ruby-throated Hummingbird










juvenile male with a few red spots



Adult Male Ruby Throat



Female (Elisabeth) with hobeybee



Male and Female








These birds enjoyed my homemade bird shower as perches.








































...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See you next time!

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment