WELCOME FRIENDS!!

WELCOME  FRIENDS!!
HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION 2014

Friday, April 10, 2015

UP A CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE, BUT I HAVE A NEW TURTLE!


Hi Everybody!!
My Dad began sharing his 'words of wisdom' with me when I was too young to understand them. Fortunately, I had fifty years with Dad to hear the same words! Advice repeated most was: "Sis, one place you never want to be is up a creek without a paddle". I remember asking, what is a creek? Later on, I asked, what is a paddle? Of course, I eventually grew into the point of view that Dad was just nuts and I knew more than he knew, anyway! Now in my older years, I live on a creek and know everything about it. Yesterday, I was spring cleaning the creek with my weedeater. I started at the bottom of the property and worked my way back up the creek over several hours. I cut, pruned, raked, and mowed until the end was in sight. I got a little dizzy, so I sat down for a bit. I could not get back up, really, so I just sat there for an hour just looking around and trying to catch my breath. The silence of the moment was broken by Dad's voice: "Sis, one  place you never want to be is up a creek without a paddle"! I just started laughing because finally, at age 64, I understand his wise words! Enjoy!


Today's Post is about a new life of a Lake Turtle. The mothers come out of the creek and lay their eggs up in the yard. When they hatch out, they run to the creek. Here are the photos:

New Baby Turtle




Link to G+ Photo Album:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/6136132641625791793


For more info, see this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle






































There he goes to live his life in Rainbow Creek!

...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek. See you next time!

Where did he go?????

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment