WELCOME FRIENDS!!

WELCOME  FRIENDS!!
HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION 2014

Thursday, March 12, 2015

THE SPRING THING IS HAPPENING HERE!!


Hi Everybody!!
Come on in and get your Spring On! Here at Kates Cabin, Spring is in full swing with color bursting out of the winter landscape. These are the best days of my life waking up to birds singing and running outside (like a kid) to see who is blooming today. I bought this little cabin in the woods on one acre 20+ years ago when I was working as a chef in town. My best customers were a couple who owned a tree farm. I spent most of my free time over there learning from the tree man about every tree he grew. Of course, I spent most of my money there, also, buying little trees.  He had me hooked with his policy of: Buy any tree and get a free one gallon plant. I could by a tree and get a free plant for 10 bucks. Now, all these years later in my retirement, the little trees and free plants are all grown up! It is such a great joy to watch the same trees bloom and grow with each season plus more birds come every year. To me, this is a paradise because I built it by digging in the dirt and planting things all my life. I want you all to know that if Grandma Poppy can build this habitat, so can you!  I encourage you all to plant a paradise for yourself! Enjoy!


Red Maple Seeds on the little tree



Link to G+ Photo Album:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/6123954503391070369









Female Cardinal


Male Cardinal





Pear Blossom






Peach Blossom






Apple Tree Blossom




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loropetalum
Loropetalum is a genus of 3 species of shrub in the witch-hazel family, Hamamelidaceae, native to ChinaJapan, and south-eastern Asia.
The name Loropetalum refers to the shape of the flowers and comes from the Greek loron meaning strap and petalon meaning petal. Flowers are produced in clusters during spring and are similar to those of the closely related witch-hazel. Each flower consists of four to six (depending on species) slender strap shaped petals 1-2 cm long.
Loropetalum
Loropetalum-chinensis-rubrum.jpg
Loropetalum Chinense Rubrum
Scientific classification
Kingdom:Plantae
(unranked):Angiosperms
(unranked):Eudicots
(unranked):Core eudicots
Order:Saxifragales
Family:Hamamelidaceae
Genus:Loropetalum










Bad News- Something opened the hole to the nest and got the babies. The Dad is still looking for his babies.





Mexican Plum Tree Blossom






Pear Tree Blossoms






Crab Apple Tree Blossoms



Purple Leaf Plum Blossoms



Red Bud Tree Blossoms










...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See you next time

Cherry Laurel Blossoms
O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment