WELCOME FRIENDS!!

WELCOME  FRIENDS!!
HUMMINGBIRD MIGRATION 2014

Sunday, May 31, 2015

THE LAZY, HAZY, CRAZY DAYS OF SUMMER HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNDER THIS STRAWBERRY MOON OF JUNE


Hi Everybody!!
"Well, it is flooding down in Texas", as Stevie Ray used to say. The lazy, hazy has been removed leaving only crazy days right now (in real time). After 4 years of drought, Texas received 4 years of record rain in 4 weeks. The strawberries would have been ready this full moon, but they floated away down Rainbow Creek along with the plums and peaches that were ripped from their branches. The creek jumped its banks and took away the flowers I was planting and the veggie seeds. I was out trying to save stuff and one leg went down in quicksand to my knee and stole my flip flop!  The birds and I are battered and bruised, but so thankful I live on a little creek instead of the Brazos River where things are much worse. Thank you all for your concern and prayers. As we leave this month of May, we enter into a dry and hot June. Happy Summer!
Your photostudy today is of Elvis preening and leaf bathing. Enjoy!

ps-I will answer my mail, my friends, and sorry for delay. Love to all!!!!!



Link to G+ Photo Album:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117645114459863049265/albums/6147231957382140769































For more info on these birds:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby-throated_hummingbird









































Next you will see him roll around on a wet leaf!


















...this is brendasue (and Elvis) signing off from Rainbow Creek.  See you next time!

O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment